If starting new means rough edges, where the heck is my nail file?

This is me entirely unscripted.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Deep breath...

MMMM...GREEEEEEEM..(N) hehehe. I know that is probably one of the many dorky things I will do. But I found it to be amusing :) I am well aware of this part of me, and actually find it quite comfortable.





So today is day 2 of the 100 day challenge.





Today thus far I have eaten and OJ sandwich and a shortcake sandwich..ew you say well just sooo happens it was made in the famous kid cusine resturant...that's code for some kiddos were playing house and igniated me to play with them. Kids learn through play....





That's just it...too many times adult want kids to be quiet, tell them to go to to their room, and leave them alone. I know I am quite guilty. I want my peace of silence with my hands off attitude; however, how do kids learn?

Ask yourself if my child is acting crazy, bouncing off the walls, not listening, hitting, saying words that shouldn't be uttered. Take a full length mirror and a permenant marker and start listing your behaviors and you will see where your "kid gets it from." It not society's fault that your kiddo is acting like a monster it is your own. When you go to the daycare teacher and say " I just don't know where he/ she gets it from...blah blah blah." STOP RIGHT THERE! because let me explain this to you...he/she gets it from you. You don't think I haven't done the mirror trick??? Guess again, how do you think I know it works.
(BTW: Perm. marker is quickly wiped off with rubbing alcohol.)




It is no secret that my oldest daughter isn't completely rotten...she is. But she is loving all at the same time.
Say hello to J.D.G. My oldest, age 4.
Trading her in just isn't an option, though I have threatened to take her back to Wal-Mart, and ask for my refund.
JDG has a bit of a discipe disorder, she does not reconize authority. She knows when someone doesn't treat her the same as everyone else and believe me the consquences of that action is quickly brought to justice. When JDG was 2 she felt that her teachers did not like her...and let me tell you she took care of it with a vengence. She kicked, bit and even scratched her teachers. Well let us just say that I quickly had her removed and life got better. I love her very much but for this single mama...sometimes it is very trying...Thank my sweet God, he is looking out for me.
Through lots and lots of prayers and faith he has had his hand on my little family and holds us together.
I do the mirror trick when life with JDG seems to get untolerable. It brings things back into perspective...
Lator Gators :)
AL

No comments:

Post a Comment